IV Iron Tools
The following resources are provided as examples only, and are not intended to be definitive. We recommend that you refer to the product information sheet for the specific iron infusion you are using, and to your own organisation’s policies and procedures to determine the appropriate infusion method.
- Before commencing an infusion – BloodSafe eLearning Australia
- IV Ferric Carboxymaltose Protocol – Belgravia Medical Centre, Perth
- Checklist for prescribers – Western Australian Health
- Ferric Carboxymaltose Review – NPS MedicineWise
- Prescribing checklist for IV iron – BloodSafe
- Iron deficiency management checklist for adults – BloodSafe
- Intravenous (IV) iron infusions Consumer information – BloodSafe
- IDA App – BloodSafe eLearning Australia
A video on IV Iron administration in primary care is now available on the Resource Centre/ Videos page.