Some common reasons why learners have problems accessing pages include:
- Using a slow internet connection – this resource requires a high speed internet connection in order to download videos and interactive resources at a usable rate.
- Exceeding the maximum time allowed with no activity – by leaving a course page open while doing other work, the page may time-out. To access the page again, you will need to log back in.
- A temporary disruption to our server or your internet/network connection – from time to time internet connections drop out. If this occurs, simply try logging in again. You may need to re-start your computer.
- Blocked content – sometimes internet filtering software blocks access to our courses. Please try to access the course using a different internet connection or contact your workplace or ISP help desk.
- If you are having trouble opening links (webpages, documents, images & media) try refreshing your screen. You can do this a number of ways, for example, by clicking on the circular arrows on the left or right hand side of your browser bar (depending which browser you are using), by using your F5 button or by going to View in the toolbar and then selecting Refresh. Another tip is to regularly delete your browsing history or cache.
- Using a mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android) – the courses can be viewed on mobile devices, though some display issues may occur as it is optimised for computer usage due to the range of interactives used.